Saturday, January 12, 2008

Click here. Michelle paddling into Carrick harbour VIDEO.

Me having a rip in Michelle's P&H Capella 166 feel's good !
Capella and my Avocet near wall.
If you look very carefully, you just make out our mate Sammy the Seal.
Michelle leaving me in her wake !
The old sea front of our town.
Michelle going past the Marine garden's and war memorial above (back hatch) in her new Christmas present


Today we had a lull in the weather , so Michelle and I took the opportunity while the two kid's were being minded , to get on the water and enjoy the day and get some exercise and mental cleansing.
Our put in spot was the usual slipway at the local harbour , which attracted quite a crowd of people , who's normal question was - (are you not freezing in those canoe's) if I heard it once I heard it a million time's it's still ringing in my ear's. So we became good ambassador's to the sport and today educated everyone all about sea kayak's ,
(to the best of our knowledge) and our gear and how we were quite cosy in our clothing ,we might have to fight our way through all the new paddler's next time !

No comments: