Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My first sun-burn of 2008 ! Island-Magee coast Co.Antrim.

The Scottish coast under a cloak of thunder storms , about 15 miles away over the other side of the Irish sea. Whitehead and the oil jetty at Cloghan point .
My friends summer home near the shore. ( Lucky devil ).
Tea-time ! and every few minutes you could hear the calls of Pheasants echoing from the countryside , spring is underway! The gobbins cliff's in the distance .
Rounding the headland.
Razorbills and Cormorants nesting on the cliff face.
Blackhead lighthouse.
The squad rounding Blackhead !
Ernie , Peter and Kevin and me about to have a lunch break. Peter's new Capella and my red Avocet.
In the distance if you enlarge the photo you can just make out the Copeland Islands Co Down .

This is a photo of a little hand cleared slipway at IslandMagee which I used many times in the 90's when my friend had a small boat tied up here .



Steven and I used to set the odd lobster pot and fishing net just off the shore here which was very successful .



Short sleeves today as the weather was fantastic ,as I write with beetroot arms !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great trip report.

I especially loved the last line:

"Short sleeves today as the weather was fantastic ,as I write with beetroot arms!"